Friday, May 9, 2008

Humanitarian News

Here in America, the best country in the world, we are often very ignorant of what's going on in the rest of the world. You might be thinking, "Cigarettes are almost $7 a pack and you want me to worry about a worldwide food price crisis?" I feel you, but sometimes its nice to put things into perspective and see how much more awesome America really is. So, this is to all you stupid ass liberals talking about how much American sucks...


Somalia is not just starving kids and downed US helicopters apparently now its all about random killings of civilians.

http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/report/routine-killings-civilians-somalia-20080506

Here's a juicy excerpt:

Nasteexo, aged 25, left Mogadishu because of insecurity. Break-ins had become common.
Armed men opposing the TFG, called Mooryaan, took her sister,


“First they steal, then they take away the girls. Sometimes the girls come back, sometimes they don’t. It was a Thursday in mid-November. We were robbed by armed men. They were only two, and they were masked. They tried to take my sister, but my husband intervened, saying ‘this girl is too young and poor.’ This is when they shot him in the chest with rifles. Then the two masked men ran away with my sister. My husband died after he was shot. I ran away from my home because my husband was shot in front of my kids.”

At least they don't have to worry about $4 a gallon gas.


No comments: