Sunday, February 15, 2009

Old Busy Signal Song and Dancehall rant.

This song came out on Busy Signal's album that was supposed to be released in 2008 but judging from the fact that the Radio stations are about a year and a half behind this could be big one day soon, especially since Mavado did a version of the riddim (Maka Riddim).



And what's up with Dj's only playing Mavado and Serani? If I hear the Unfinished riddim again without the Assassin version I'm gonna shit my pants.

I am happy that Erup is getting major airplay with "Click My Finger" from the Gear Box Rissim but wht about the Beenie verses??? No offense to Erup but Beenie shits on him on this one. I also think Erup owes a bit to Mavado on this one style-wise.

Dancehall is supposed to be about innovation, creativity, and lyrical dexterity among other things, so I give it to Beenie over this riddim but I guess the masses aren't ready for the hardcore-ness of his verse.

No comments: